Address for Editorial and Donations
Los Angeles Review of Books
672 S. Lafayette Park Place, Suite 30
Los Angeles, CA 90057
|info (at) lareviewofbooks.org
|bill (at) lareviewofbooks.org
|LARBBooks (at) lareviewofbooks.org
How to Contact LARB
General Press Inquiries/Interview Requests
To contact the Los Angeles Review of Books for press inquiries, including assistance with your story, contact information for a LARB writer or editor, or to request an interview with a LARB media spokesperson, please contact our Press Office by sending an email to pressoffice (at) lareviewofbooks.org. If you are on deadline, please indicate that in your correspondence. A LARB press officer will respond to you without delay.
Reprint Rights and Reproductions
If you are an editor seeking reprint rights to any of our published articles, please send an email to info (at) lareviewofbooks.org. Articles published in the Los Angeles Review of Books are available for republication.
For any questions regarding LARB membership, including questions about how to sign up, please send an email to membership (at) lareviewofbooks.org.
To Pitch Our Editorial Board
LARB’s Pay Policy
The Los Angeles Review of Books is dedicated to reversing the trend in which writers write on the internet for free. We offer a standard honorarium based on the current health of our Writer’s Fund, for which we are raising money on an ongoing basis. We are a small nonprofit, and the labor that goes into publishing on our various platforms — not just writing, but editorial, managerial, technical, educational, and otherwise — is still largely volunteer. Our ability to pay is contingent on available funds, which changes depending on the generosity of the organizations, businesses, individual donors, and grant-writing institutions that help make LARB possible. We try to concentrate those funds on freelance writers and journalists for whom the money matters most, and encourage those writers in a position to do so, to waive the standard honorarium and donate it back to LARB to help us build the institution. Our #1 priority is to sustain for our writers and readers alike a home for the best that is thought and written on culture and the literary arts. We are building that capacity every day, and are determined to continue to be part of the solution. We appreciate the generosity of everyone who has helped bring us this far.
Advertise with the Los Angeles Review of Books
If you are an advertiser and are interested in placing an ad on the Los Angeles Review of Books main site, the print Quarterly journal, in our weekly newsletter, the monthly LARB podcast series, and other venues, please contact our advertising representative, Bill Harper, at bill (at) lareviewofbooks.org for our rate card, specs, and more.
Copyright Policy & Process for Allegations of Copyright Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. We may terminate access to our website for users whom we believe to be infringers, at our sole discretion.
It is our policy to respond expeditiously to claims of infringement. We will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable laws.
If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted material has been posted on our website in violation of any applicable rights or licenses, and you want this material removed, you must promptly provide us with a written communication that details the information listed in this section.
Please also note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing, may be subject to liability. You may wish to contact an attorney for legal assistance on this matter prior to submitting a notification.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following:
– A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest that is allegedly infringed.
– A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of alleged infringed copyrighted works.
– Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, including a link or description of where the claimed infringing content is located on our website so that we are capable of finding and verifying its existence.
– Contact information, including identification of the copyright owner, your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
– A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
– A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed.
Send the written infringement notice and the materials above to our “Designated Agent” at the following address:
Los Angeles Review of Books
672 S La Fayette Park Pl., Suite 30
Los Angeles, CA 90057
Attention: Legal Department
Phone: email for number
Email: legal (at) lareviewofbooks.org
Upon our receipt of notices in substantial compliance with the DMCA and the requirements of this section, we will use our reasonable efforts to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. In addition, if you prefer that we properly credit your copyrighted material (as opposed to removing or disabling access to the material), we may do so in our sole discretion.